Skip links

Best Companies to Work for in Alabama

On Thursday, December 1st, Legacy Credit Union was recognized as one of the Best Companies to Work for in Alabama. This program is in its thirteenth year and was created by Business Alabama magazine along with the Best Companies Group.


Companies from across the state enter into a two-part survey process to determine the rankings of the Best Companies to Work for in Alabama. The first part consists of evaluating each company’s workplace policies, practices, philosophy, systems, and demographics and counts for 25% of the total evaluation. The second part consisted of an employee survey to measure the employee experience and counts for the remaining 75% of the total evaluation. The combined scores determines the top companies and the final rankings. The awards program is designed to identify, recognize, and honor the best employers in Alabama who benefit the economy, workforce, and business.

From Left to Right: Gina Cannady (AVP of Training and Community Involvement), Rebekah Thebo (Director of Recruitment), Karen Hanbury (VP of Lending), Leia Ragland (AVP of Marketing and Business Development), S. Glenn Bryan (President and CEO), Rosalie Smith (SVP of Administration), Emmett Colston (AVP of Branch Administration), Summer Carter (SVP of Member Engagement) attended the 2022 Best Companies of Alabama luncheon on behalf of Legacy Credit Union.


When asked about how Legacy received this honor, Legacy CEO S. Glenn Bryan stated: “We have focused on building a culture that allows team members to grow personally and professionally, and we believe that centering our organization around our core values of excellence, education, energy and empowerment can achieve that. Receiving an award like this is validation that our team members believe that, as well.”


“We Craft Financial Solutions for our members, and we want to continue to craft careers for our employees” said Rebekah Thebo, Legacy’s Director of Recruitment, “We feel Legacy is an excellent company to craft careers and it is rewarding knowing that our employees, as well as Business Alabama, recognizes this.” When asked how receiving this award will impact the recruitment of future employees, Thebo said, “We look forward to continue hiring those who embrace our culture and want to be part of an excellent company; we hope to continue to empower and lift up our staff through training and education.


The actual rankings will be revealed in the publication of December 2022 issue of Business Alabama. For more information on the Best Companies to Work for in Alabama program, visit

Return to top of page

New Member?
Forgot Password?