Legacy is pleased to announce another new way to conveniently transact business on your Legacy Account. In early December, Remote Deposit Capture (RDC) will be available as a part of the latest update on the Legacy Mobile App. Now you will be able to deposit checks to your Legacy accounts using your mobile phone, anytime and anywhere that is convenient for you. All you need to do to start enjoying this new feature is download the Legacy CFCU mobile app or perform an update if you already have the app. Here are a few points that will make your mobile deposit experience more efficient.
- The app will guide you through creating images of both the front and back of your checks.
- Only single-party domestic checks made payable to the owner(s) of your Legacy Community Federal Credit Union account may be deposited remotely using the Legacy CFCU app.
- All checks must be endorsed as follows:
For Remote Deposit Only
Legacy CFCU Account #XXXXXX-XX
- Checks will not immediately be credited to your account when you make a remote deposit through the app. However, checks will be posted on the same day you deposit them if they are received before 3:00 PM Central Time on a business day. Checks received after 3:00 PM, on weekends, or on holidays will be posted to your account on the next business day. Deposits will typically be posted to your account between 7:00 PM and 9:00 PM.
- Some checks deposited using the Legacy CFCU app may be subject to a hold. You will be notified by email if your deposit will have a hold. Please make sure Legacy has a valid email that you regularly check for proper notification.
- After completing your remote deposit, you will need to maintain the original check in a secure location for at least 90 days, just in case there are any questions.
Certain items CANNOT be deposited using Remote Deposit Capture. These items include:
- Checks that need a verification or authorization number (ex: tax checks, COM checks, etc.)
- Items stamped “non-negotiable”
- Incomplete checks
- U. S. Treasury checks
- Stale-dated checks (6 months old and older)
- Post-dated checks (dated for a future day)
- Any checks that appear to be altered
- Checks purporting to be a lottery or prize winning
- Checks previously submitted using remote deposit capture
- “Substitute documents” or “image replacement documents”
- Checks drawn on institutions outside the US or denominated in non-US currency
We hope you enjoy using the new Remote Deposit Capture feature of the Legacy mobile app and that it adds a new level of convenience to your Legacy experience. If you have questions or need additional information, CLICK HERE for a list of Frequently Asked Questions.